Situated near Chandaka National Park, Deras Dam is a wonderful getaway for nature lovers in Bhubaneswar. One of the most refreshing tourist places to visit in Bhubaneswar.
This dam is located near the Chandaka National Park and mesmerizes everyone with its beautiful scenery.
Deras Dam has a reservoir and attracts many people looking to enjoy a day in the realm of nature.
The dam is one of the major sources of water for the wildlife in the Chandaka-Dampara Elephant Sanctuary and allows you to appreciate a calm and serene environment.
When you are here, you will be relieved to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
Enjoy a day amidst the lush green landscape.
You can spend a nice day here as there are many small hills where you can choose a quiet place and enjoy a picnic with your friends and family.
For thrill-seekers, there is also an opportunity to stay on a guided safari at Chandaka Elephant Sanctuary.
If you love photography, the dam is a delightful place to capture some nice clicks of nature and your loved ones.
You might interested: Best 20 Tourist Places in Bhubaneswar
Information about Deras Dam
Location: Kantabada, Barapita, Odisha 752054
Timing: 9 am to 4:30 pm
Best Time to Visit: July to October
Things to do at Deras Dam
If you are referring to the Deras Dam in Bhubaneswar, here are some potential activities you can consider:
- Enjoy the Scenic Views: Take in the beautiful surroundings of the dam and appreciate the serene atmosphere. The dam might offer picturesque landscapes that are perfect for photography or simply unwinding.
- Picnicking: Pack a picnic and spend a relaxing day with family or friends near the dam. Find a shaded spot, spread out a blanket, and enjoy a meal while enjoying the natural beauty.
- Boating: If boating is permitted at Deras Dam, you can rent a boat or paddleboard and explore the calm waters. It can be a great way to spend some time on the water and enjoy the tranquility of the surroundings.
- Nature Walks: Take a leisurely stroll along the dam or nearby trails. Appreciate the flora and fauna, listen to the sounds of nature, and breathe in the fresh air.
- Birdwatching: Dams and their surrounding areas often attract various bird species. If you are interested in birdwatching, bring your binoculars and try to spot different birds that inhabit or visit the dam area.
- Fishing: If permitted, fishing can be an option for those interested in angling. Check local regulations, obtain any required permits, and enjoy some peaceful fishing time.
Remember to check with local authorities or the dam management for any specific rules, regulations, or restrictions regarding activities at Deras Dam.